Thursday, January 26, 2012

Domesticated Geese - A Baby Quilt

My friend Stacey recently had a happy surprise - baby #3! A precious little boy.


So of course this calls for a baby quilt, I thought.  Her nursery colors are black, white and a lime-ish green.  Maybe a little bit of gray mixed in.

I had been wanting to try a flying geese pattern, so I went for it.

 Then I realized how much of a learning curve quilting can be.  Several of my geese (the triangles) have clipped beaks & wings.  So I'm calling this one "Domesticated Geese."

For this quilt I hemmed it instead of  binding it.  Much faster and certainly much easier.  Thank you Gussy for the suggestion!

Quilt stack in geometric prints from Joann's & 3 green quilters cuts.
Batting: Needle punch low-loft polyester
Backing: G is for Green print from Walmart
Quilting: straight line using my walking foot.  Quilted in the ditch on the geese units, and a double line in the green strips.

Congratulations Stacey and Connor!

No comments:

Post a Comment